RE: OEM 2.1 vs. BMC Patrol

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:57:10 -0400

Rachel,
I had the opportunity to attend a demo of the Precise products a while = ago. I was impressed with them and the demo presentation. Perhaps you can = contact them at www.precisesoft.com and see if the are planning = anything in your area. It is well worth the time. The only drawback to = thier product is that it only operates on a unix or NT based OS. We use = Novell so therefore are out of luck. In searching for other monitoring = products I found Quest software at www.quest.com has a good product line = that includes a great graphic display of the instance (Instance Monitor) = and a good SQL tuning package (SQL Expert and SQL Navigator). I have = finally convinced the management to include $$$ in the budget so I can = purchase the products for our location.
 Hope this helps,
Ron ROgers=20
DBA
Atl.GA

>From: "Gait, Christopher" <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>

>>> carmichr_at_hotmail.com 06/28/00 06:08AM >>>
Chris,

I have an opportunity at the moment to look at many different products = and=20
bring in what I want... do you have a website for Precise?

Thanks

Rachel

--=20
Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 07:57:10 CDT