RE: # of Indexes

From: Singla, Sanjeev <SSingla_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:15:09 -0400

It is available on Oracle 7, but in Oracle 7 you cannot rebuild them without locking the table.
In Oracle 8i, all ur DML against the table can continue. Oracle is able to maintain the
consistency of data even without locking the table.So the table is online and available.

Sanjeev

Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

Author: Rajesh Dayal