RE: Index rebuild problem

From: Singla, Sanjeev <SSingla_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:24:46 -0400

Actually when u rebuild a table online Oracle keeps the current DML's in the temporary journal table which after built gets merged to the created index.
It looks like Oracle is not able to create that journal table of online transactions. See where it is creating that temporary table. For the time being u can remove the online keyword and whenever table will be available oracle takes a lock on the table and create the index in exclusive mode.
But that defeats the purpose of online index rebuild in 8i. You should dig more
on this problem because it will be very helpful in future.

Sanjeev

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?paquette=20stephane?=
  INET: stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com