ERROR:ORA-12500: TNS: listener failed to start dedicated

From: James Howerton <jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:08:14 -0500

DBA's

I'm trying to set up Personal Oracle 8i on one of my co-worker's PC so he = can train/play with Oracle. It appeared to load ok, the LISTENER is up, I = can connect with svrmgrl and sqlplus from a DOS window. When I try to = execute SQL*PLUS from the icon I get ERROR:ORA-12500: TNS: listener failed = to start dedicated server process. I ran through all of the suggestions on = METALINK. Any advise???=20
Windows 98 V-2
Personal Oracle 8i
128mb ram

TIA         ...JIM...
MS Illiterate DBA
Long live UNIX Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 14:08:14 CDT