Re: Need oracle Script

From: puja rahul <puja-r_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:43:37 -0700

 Hi,

I'm aware of the dbstart and dbshut scripts but I was wondering if there is any script within oracle to see if all the databases mentioned in the /etc/oratab file are up and running - and if for some reason the database is not up - bring it up and online. Instead for wrting a script taking the output of ps -ef to check ,which will be little complicated I was trying to figure out if someone has a script in place doing the same job.

I would highly appreciate the help.

THanks in advance.

cheers.