DBA_WAITERS and DBA_BLOCKERS query slow on 8.1.6 - Sun Solaris 2.6

From: vivek Manian <vivek_oracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:40:41 GMT

Friends:

   I upgraded my DB from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6. Tried querying DBA_WAITERS and DBA_BLOCKERS. select * from dba_waiters
select * from dba_blockers

The results came back after 10 seconds. There is nobody logged in to the database. Running on a E6500 Machine. I queried dba_locks straight and the result was fast. When I query dba_waiters (doing a join on dba_locks) I see the explain plan doing a Merge Join cartesian amoungst other things. The explain plans are different bet' 8.1.6 and 7.3.4 for the above queries.

Anybody has a solution/work around for this?

TIA Vivek