Re: Synopsis of a database crash and recovery (or time to bash RAID 5).

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:16:05 GMT

Guy,

I'm not trusting at all... which is why *I* check everything, even when I turn it over, until I know that the person running the jobs for me is doing it right. I write documentation so that my mom (okay, so she's computer literate now, I guess maybe I should write for my dad <G>) can run the jobs based on my documentation (yes, I include "press the key labelled 'enter'"). Heck, I've been known to stay late when I train someone to watch them read through and do the steps as written in my docs so that I can refine the documentation when they don't understand a step.

But then, I *am* from NY and we don't trust anyone :)

Rachel