Re: Oracle Support Services

From: gentry <gentry_at_allina.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:48:44 -0500

--------------37DFAB3FF8212E9D42FD732D

It is simply a software fix or patch, sometimes referred to as a PTF. In other words, a software update to fix a known problem. These are issued from time to time between software release upgrades.
HTH
Bill Gentry

Franck_Vasseur_at_ingerrand.com wrote:

> please what means "APARS" ?
>
> Franck Fribourg Switzerland
>
> |--------+----------------------->
> | | "Eric D. |
> | | Pierce" |
> | | <PierceED_at_csu|
> | | s.edu> |
> | | |
> | | 00-06-09 |
> | | 01:14 |
> | | Please |
> | | respond to |
> | | ORACLE-L |
> | | |
> |--------+----------------------->
> >----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | |
> | To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> |
> | cc: (bcc: Franck Vasseur/im/esa/ingerrand) |
> | Subject: Re: Oracle Support Services |
> >----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>
> What the heck is an APARS?
>
> Anyway, in the final analysis did it matter, or would you have
> been able to do the install anyway without the info? Was the
> install critical, or was your request for the info a "backburner"
> item?
>
> Maybe one of the reasons that oracle support is unresponsive
> (along with the fact that they are greedy and don't want to
> spend more on support?) is that they are dealing with a lot of
> hand holding and other relatively piddly stuff. Customers ought
> to also understand their responsibilities in any business
> relationship, which might include waiting a little longer than
> they like for non-critical support info.
> ep

 filename="gentry.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Gentry;Bill
tel;fax:612-775-1161
tel;work:612-775-1190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ALLINA HEALTH SYSTEM
adr:;;1375 Willow Street;Minneapolis;MN;55403; version:2.1
email;internet:gentry_at_allina.com Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 09:48:44 CDT