RE: Your frank opinion

From: Jain, Akshay <Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 09:38:46 -0400

I do agree with both sides of this issue. I did not intend to have anyone fired or even disciplined. But when asked exactly why I was leaving, I did explain my frustrations, first and foremost to the manager himself. He agreed as to the cause of my frustrations. He said he was disappointed that I didn't go to him in the first place, even though my unhappiness was known for at least 6 months prior.

To HR, I said specifically what a good guy he was. This is in fact correct. He is a very smart, likeable person, who does know how to manage. Unfortunately, in an environment full of politics, he was a master of politics
more so than anyone, and I felt burned, being of simple mind.

Thus I believe no one was left feeling back-stabbed. I simply did not hide how frustrated I felt.

The lack of success for his *entire* newly-formed group was actually quite plain to the whole company, especially himself. If there was any sort of disciplining after I left, it was entirely foreseeable, and nothing different would have happened had I stayed or kept quiet.

Akshay Jain

Newcourt-CIT
Tel. (416) 507-5385
mailto:Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com