Re: Past posts, Metalink, partitioning

From: <sean.hull_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 18:26:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Jain, Akshay wrote:

> 2. Does metalink now suck or what? e.g. search for "OFA architecture".

Trick question. :-) Yeah. One problem I have most often (besides how slow the pages load, OAS anyone?) is that sometimes when I resize my browser, the search results dissappear. That's because the resize causes a reload, which brings up the default Metalink page. Really frustrating. All in all Metalink has a lot of stuff, but the web department building the front-end needs to get back to the basics. Apache, mod_perl, PHP, HTML::Mason. They'd be doing *MUCH* better with those. Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 17:26:51 CDT