Re: Past posts, Metalink, partitioning

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

  1. I do not know
  2. Oracle's goal is too have almost all support via Metalink and very few phone calls.
  3. Partitionning was designed for DSS systems more than OLTP systems
    • "Jain, Akshay" <Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com> a écrit : > Three questions folks:

      > 1. I am about to ask a question probably asked
      > before. Is there a web page
      > like there
      > was before for all past posts?
      >
      > 2. Does metalink now suck or what? e.g. search for
      > "OFA architecture".
      >
      > 3. The biggy: What specifically is the usage of
      > partitioning? I believe
      > it is an excellent technique for
      > managing OLTP environments. Concurrent access to
      > large tables get
      > segragated to
      > different physical partitions. Backup is eased by
      > taking individual
      > partitions offline for
      > backup. Queries can go at different disks for full
      > scans by partition.
      > But in an environment where I am creating an OLAP
      > sub-data-warehouse, read-only,
      > one CPU host, can I go ahead and ignore
      > partitioning?
      >
      > Thank you knowledgeable ones.
      >
      > Akshay Jain
      > _______________________
      > Newcourt-CIT
      > Tel. (416) 507-5385
      > mailto:Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com
      > _______________________
      >
      > --
      > Author: Jain, Akshay
      > INET: Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com
      >
      > Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
      > (858) 538-5051
      > San Diego, California -- Public Internet

      > E-Mail message
      > to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of
      > 'ListGuru') and in
      > ORACLE-L
      > from). You may
      > (like subscribing).

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com
spaquette_at_houra.fr
(33) 01 53 93 06 50

Do You Yahoo!? Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 03:36:51 CDT