Off topic - human stupidity

From: Vladimir Barac - posao <vbarac_at_dkts.co.yu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:18:30 +0200

This one makes me angry and helpless, and you wil laugh. I just could not resist, so I post this to the list.

In my country we use both latin and cyrilic alphabet (we belong to Slavic group of European people). 99,999 of computer applications use latin alphabet, which is ok. We have latin letters in DB, too, which works well.

But,...

For some reason, ALL documents (human generated, machine generated) in every company (state owned, private, no matter) have to be converted to cyrilic alphabet? The only official alphabet is cyrilic in our state. No arguments about that. Now imagine doing translation of forms and reports (some 400 of them), translation of data in DB, possible errors, cleaning possible errors, waste of time, waste of time, waste of time,... Since we are telecom & electronics company, lots things here have their origin in English, so English alphabet + our specific letters where needed works well. Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 03:18:30 CDT