Trigger re-engineering

From: Casey Dyke <cdyke_at_homenetwork.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:11:11 +1000

--------------92B350E6D14C0528629E3F2F

Folks,

Being lazy here as I could do it myself, but I just realised I need to do this and as I don't have a script handy, not farting around w/it in the morning would be handy. Just need to rev-eng some triggers out of the dd. Had a look (8.0.5) and the trigger_type and triggering_event don't seem to give me what I want syntactically. Looks like I get 'BEFORE EACH ROW' from type and 'INSERT' from triggering_event.

Guess I need syntax like 'create or replace ... before insert on <table_name> for each row'. In my naiveity, I thought the columns would front the info up and I could whip through it easy. Looks to be a little more tricky, unless I'm not looking at the whole picture. Seems odd to me, but I've had quite a long day ...

TIA, Casey ...

--------------92B350E6D14C0528629E3F2F

 filename="cdyke.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Dyke;Casey

tel;pager:(022) 9436 9290
tel;home:61 2 9948 1487
tel;work:61 2 9005 1021

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.realsurf.com
org:At Home Network Australia;IT-Ops
adr:;;100 Harris Street;Pyrmont;NSW;2042;Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:cdyke_at_homenetwork.com.au
title:Senior DBA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-25944
fn:Casey Dyke
end:vcard Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 04:11:11 CDT