Re: Trigger re-engineering

From: Casey Dyke <cdyke_at_homenetwork.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 05:39:38 +1000

--------------8DEE21C775F0C583CEB285AD

Jim,

Thanks very much for the response, been on a course, hence the delayed reply. Actually wrote my own rev-eng script. Am stuck (if you can call it that) w/a SUN Ultra-10 workstation as my desktop. It has a huge amount of memory and is a fantastic box to run on, however - it don't run NT. We have Citrix, but getting software setup is a pain as I have to involve the NT guys who are just as busy as me. The end product is that to date we've not pursued any of the NT software, such as toad. Last week I sequestered an NT box and the other DBA and I are now sharing it with the explicit purpose being getting things like toad setup. If ya want to have a look at my code, just let me know! :-)

Cheers,

Casey ...

"HAWKINS, JAMES W [FND/1000]" wrote:

> Casey,
>
> I would suggest going to www.toadsoft.com and downloading the freeware
> version of TOAD. It's a life-saver for things like this, and as far as I'm
> concerned, a must for every DBA. Open the schema browser, select the
> "Triggers" tab for the desired schema, then select the "Proc Edit Window"
> icon and there you go.
>
> I'm lazy too...
>
> Jim
>
> ______________________________________
> Jim Hawkins
> Oracle Database Administration Team
> Monsanto Company
> 800 North Lindbergh - G3ED
> St. Louis, MO 63167
> 314.694.7592 - Office
> 314.308.6614 - Cellular
> 314.294.2623 - Pager
> james.w.hawkins_at_monsanto.com
>
> "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
> though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits
> who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray
> twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
> --Theodore Roosevelt

 filename="cdyke.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Dyke;Casey

tel;pager:(022) 9436 9290
tel;home:61 2 9948 1487
tel;work:61 2 9005 1021

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.realsurf.com
org:At Home Network Australia;IT-Ops
adr:;;100 Harris Street;Pyrmont;NSW;2042;Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:cdyke_at_homenetwork.com.au
title:Senior DBA Received on Sat May 20 2000 - 14:39:38 CDT