RE: Looking for all events

From: McGlaughlin,Stewart <mcglaughlin_at_attws.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 15:28:52 -0400

Gautam,

The following query should give you what you're looking for:

select NAME,

         VALUE,
         ISDEFAULT,
         ISSES_MODIFIABLE,
         ISMODIFIED
from     sys.v_$parameter

order by NAME;

Is Default - Whether the parameter value is the default. FALSE indicates the value has
been altered in the init.ora. Session Modifiable - TRUE=the parameter can be changed
with ALTER SESSION / FALSE=the parameter cannot be changed with ALTER SESSION System Modifiable - IMMEDIATE=the parameter can be changed with ALTER SYSTEM /
DEFERRED=the parameter cannot be changed until the next session / FALSE=the parameter cannot be changed with ALTER SYSTEM

Is Modified - Indicates how the parameter was modified. If an ALTER SESSION was
performed, the value will be MODIFIED. If an ALTER SYSTEM (which will cause all the
currently logged in sessions' values to be modified) was performed the value will be
SYS_MODIFIED. HTH

Stewart McGlaughlin
Oracle DBA
On-site at AT&T Wireless Services