URGENT: OFF TOPIC: UNIX QUESTION: remsh (remote shell)

From: Balasubramanian M <sbala_at_hclinsys.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 15:21:09 +0530 (IST)

Dear all,

I am using HP-UX 10.20. I have to do some task as one privileged user from another user. so i am using 'remsh' command from the same hostname to the same hostname.

I am giving below the steps i have done.

  1. i have included the another user named 'secure' in the privileged user account 'tpssup' .rhosts file.
  2. i am executing the following command as 'secure' user to do the task from tpssup.

  remsh tps10 -l tpssup . .profile 2>&- \; dbexport <database_name>

  where tps10 ---> hostname

        tpssup ----> username
        dbexport <database_name> ----> command to be executed

  this dbexport is from informix database. To do dbexport in informix,   the os user should have DBA privilege. Since the normal user 'secure'   does not have DBA privilege, i am using the remsh command feature   inside the script.

  What happens while executing this command is , before executing the   command 'dbexport database_name' the tpssup user session is logging out   and then dbexport command is getting executed and popping up the error   that 'USER MUST BE INFORMIX OR HAVE DBA PRIVILEGE'.

  Even in tpssup .profile there is no where 'exit' command is used.   Then why i am getting this error.

  Can anybody throw some light what's wrong in my setup ? This is very   urgent.Any kind of ur help ur suggestion/soultion is highly appreciated.    Received on Tue May 09 2000 - 04:51:09 CDT