Re: Sort by non-base table items

From: Jennifer R. Amon <jamon_at_CENTURYINTER.NET>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 23:34:36 -0500

>I want to know if somebody has done sorting on non-base table items in Forms
>4.5.
>
>I have a master detail form where detail block is to be sorted on non-base
>table
>item (different Foreign Key).
>
>We cannot use views as we are inserting/updating to the base table.

Yes, you can use views, and that's the only way to do it. In order to update the base table, you need to create the following triggers:

    ON-LOCK
    ON-UPDATE
    ON-INSERT
    ON-DELETE

In these, you write code which will take values from the screen and update the base tables appropriately.

Good luck,

   Jennifer Amon

Jennifer R. Amon                    Personal: jamon_at_centuryinter.net
Sr. Programmer/Analyst             Work: jamon_at_moeninc.com
Moen Incorporated                       Phone: 216-962-2000 x2471
North Olmsted, OH  44070               Web: http://www.oberlin.edu/~bamon/