Re: ORA-3113, End of Communication

From: Peter J Constantine <Peter_J_Constantine_at_SBPHRD.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 10:58:44 EDT

Hi Deepak,
 I used to get that at a previous job when we were having network traffic problems. In our case, we discovered duplicate node names, but high traffic that causes Oracle to time out will also result in 3113. Good luck.

      -Pete

Peter J. Constantine, DBA
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
"My opinions are just that..."

To: ORACLE-L @ ccvm.sunysb.edu (Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L) @ INET cc: (bcc: Peter J Constantine)
From: deepak @ TULNEPZ.UNISYS.COM (Deepak Sharma) @ INET Date: 23-Jan-96 16:35:13
Subject: ORA-3113, End of Communication Categories:
ORACLE Ver 7.1.6        ( Server )
SQL*Net Ver 2.1.6       ( both PC and Server )
SCO Open Systen Ver 5.0 ( Server )

Problem Description : The connection from the client program fails sometimes (normally after the program has executed once already) giving the error ORA-3113 'End of file on Communication Channel'. Is it a bug and if so is there any patch available ?

Deepak Sharma
TATA UNISYS LIMITED
NEPZ
INDIA e-mail : deepak_at_tulnepz.unisys.com