Re: Dallas to host International Oracle User Week (IOUW) '96

From: Paul Dorsey <DORSEY_at_ENIGMA.RIDER.EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 22:40:25 -0400

It looks to me that there has been a complete rift between IOUG and Oracle. Open World will be probably quite similar to IOUG of old. Oracle has announced that they will NOT support IOUW with ANY speakers or product. So what does this mean for IOUW? My read on this is that IOUG and Oracle couldn't come to terms on the sharing of power and Oracle took its marbles and went home.

What will the role of IOUW be? Will they make up with Oracle or will they try to run a major Oracle conference without Oracle? If Oracle does not "support" IOUW, why would anyone want to go. ECO and the CASE conference are already quite good, focused AND supported by Oracle.

It looks like IOUG had better make nice or they might not exist next year.

Is there any other news out there?
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian Inc. Received on Fri Jan 19 1996 - 22:56:48 CST