bypassing logon screen

From: Gamache, Fred (HT-MS) <FGAMACH_at_GIC.GI.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 07:47:00 -0800

I have a Forms 4.5 application, which when I run it as a run-time application, the first thing that the user sees is the Oracle logon prompt, asking them for their username, password, and database to connect to. My question is, is there any way to default the database name they see, or to bypass this screen and display my own logon screen to them? We have several databases they could connect to, and they may not know the correct name to enter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Gamache
fgamache_at_gic.gi.com Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 08:07:55 CST