...no subject...

From: Mark A Singer <masinger_at_CORP.ROCKWELL.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:18:02 PST

As most of you may be aware, Oracle is dropping support of their ODBC product. Also, I believe support for SQL*NET V1 will no loger be supported by Oracle after June of this year. Lastly, to move to Oracle 7.3, you must be on SQL*NET V2. This may not be a problem for your organization, but it is for us.

We have VB3 anc C++ applications that utilize ODBC and Q+E LIB from Intersolv to interface with Oracle from Windows. With the drop of support of Oracle's ODBC we are now faced with having to buy ODBC drivers from Oracle, Visigenic, or other vendors. This is very costly due to cost per seat and/or site liscense.

Intersolv's Q+E LIB does not support SQL*NET V2. To be able to migrate to SQL*NET V2 for applications that use Q+E LIB and not rewrite any code, we  could use DataDirect from Intersolv. This is the son of Q+E LIB. Again this would be very costly.

Do any of you have this same problem? If so, what are you doing about it?

Also, do any of you have experience with Oracle Objects for OLE?

Thanks ...... Mark Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 19:36:43 CST