Pop-up window problem on Forms 4.5

From: Muthusamy, Chella <CMuthusa_at_VITGNET1.TELECOM.COM.AU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 23:07:49 -0500

 We've got an application using FORMS 4.5 on Unix system. All database errors are trapped on 'ON-ERROR' trigger in block level and an error message is displayed at the bottom of the screen. It worked fine. Then, in
'WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED' trigger on commit button, I have inserted some code to
check a particular field on that block and display an informative alert if it doesn't meet the validation rule. It works fine, giving a pop-up alert window but all the database errors are coming up with pop-up windows as well as an error message at the bottom of the screen. (Our users don't like to see the pop-up window for all errors.

When I delete the code from commit button, it works fine. I have tried with
'MESSAGE_LEVEL' figures and few other without any luck.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA. Received on Tue Jan 16 1996 - 23:23:56 CST