(no subject)

From: Ian Skepper <gblegl7j_at_IBMMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 05:06:17 EST

-> MAILEX.IBMMAIL.INTERNET

  -: - - - - - - - - - - > ROUTING VIA MAIL EXCHANGE   Dear All,

  I am currently having a problem with the DBMS_SQL dynamic SQL package. I have a function EXEC_SQL which parses and executes the SQL statement which is passed to it and returns the value of SQLCODE. This works fine for one of my requirements which is to be able to CREATE USER..., ALTER USER..., DROP USER... etc. However when I try to create a view even as simple as CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW TEST AS SELECT SYSDATE COL1 FROM DUAL then I get ORA-1031 insufficient priveleges. Executing the statement from SQL*PLUS as the same user creates the view with no problem. Can anyone help?

TIA Ian Skepper
Legal & General
gblegl7j_at_ibmmail.com Received on Wed Jan 03 1996 - 05:21:58 CST