Re: ora-1450 even though max key length is well below the max

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:32:20 +0200

Chuck schrieb:
> Maxim Demenko wrote:

>> Chuck schrieb:

> You fail to show the pertinent data from the table. Please run this query...
>
> select max(length(col1)+length(col2)+length(col3)+length(col4))
> from bs;
>
> Then add to that number the overhead bytes explained in the note. This
> is how index key lengths have been calculated since I started with
> version 7.0. Only the overhead bytes have changed due to changes in the
> ROWID.
>
> As I stated in the OP. This *WORKS* on a 9.2.0.5 instance. The exact
> same DDL, extracted from the 9205 instance and applied to the 9206
> instance does not work.

I provided the full sql i entered - that means, that table don't contain any data and index creation fails ( pretty good explained in the answer from Anurag as well).
The fact that it works on 9.2.0.5 is really strange - either there is another limit for maximum key length - or there is a bug.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Jun 22 2006 - 10:32:20 CDT