stored outlines question

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2006 19:03:28 -0800

II am using Oracle 9.2.0.5 on HP UNIX.
I want to create stored outlines. I have tried different methods for creating stored outlines,
they do not work. Not sure what is missing:

alter session set create_stored_outlines=TRUE;  I do not get any errors, so statement ran fine.

select * from emp;
alter session set create_stored_outlines=FALSE; No errors,

Now when I do
select * from user_outlines, I do not get ant rows. Why? Does something have to be set in data dictionary (i.e., installing some catalog .sql script)?

What is strange is I have 2 database instances created in similar fashion. Both use same
Oracle binaries/version. For one database, I can create stored outlines, but for other I cannot. Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 21:03:28 CST