Re: Oralce 10g2/RAC on AIX. ASM or GPFS?

From: Lonnie Blevins <lblevins_at_regenstrief.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:19:20 -0500

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1143739453.82915_at_yasure.drizzle.com...
> Laurenz Albe wrote:
>
>> We also use OCFS but we are facing a problem - it SEEMS that Oracle is
>> not very actively developing and supporting OCFS. While OCFS version 1
>> is certified with RAC, OCFS version 2 is not and it does not look like
>> it is going to be soon.
>
> Can you please explain this comment given the following?

Unfortunately, OCFS2 is not on-disk compatible with OCFS version 1! This means you will have to unload and reload ALL of the data on OCFS version 1 file systems in order to move to OCFS2. I am VERY glad that my OCFS data on Redhat Linux was not a production system! The lack of on-disk conversion and upgrade features would have prevented me from updating my Linux operating system ever (need OCFS2 with latest Linux version).

We will stay away from OCFS permanently now.