Re: Replace System01.dbf

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2006 12:41:51 -0800

OK, maybe not angry, but I detect a hint of bitterness in there, LOL!

<It is also much more inexpensive and user friendly.> You can backup
MS Access with a right click/copy/paste, and it's even cheaper than MS SQL. As a matter of fact, download centos and mysql, and you won't have to pay anything.

What is difficult about typing "rman target /" and "backup database;" I have no clue. The fact that your predecessor did not take the time to do this, is something for which I am truly sorry for you.

<Information about also is immensely more available and FREE. >
technet.oracle.com. Maybe I'm special, but I didn't have to pay anything.

As I noted, I'm a MCDBA, as well as an OCP. MS SQL is great for certain things, just like Oracle is. To say one is easier to backup than the other however, is simply untrue.

Let the flames begin...

Regards,

Steve Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 14:41:51 CST