Re: Different OS versions between Test and Prod

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 30 Mar 2006 14:37:54 -0800

Sounds somewhat farfetched to me. If you have a problem in production and you have a support contract, oracle support is obliged to lend assistance. Solaris 8 is still supported by sun and as long as you stick with things that are on the support/compatibility matrix ( which oracle databases releases are supported on what os versions ).

Yes granted the workers within oracle support and oracle development have to do less if you can produce a test case that is reproducible at will.

I go back to an earlier question, how solid are your backup and recovery procedures and what dependencies or problems are introduced there ( or not ) by the different solaris versions.

If you have issues there, then you should address those issues. If you are clean in that area, then perhaps you are worrying about things that oracle is obliged to support you in any regard. Received on Thu Mar 30 2006 - 16:37:54 CST