Re: clustering factor and uniqueness

From: <yoram.ayalon_at_structuredweb.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2006 13:00:12 -0800

thanks for the support

followup - I rebuilt the index as a bitmap, and also corrected the bug, now i access it thru its correct type. I only caught ther bug as I was already rebuilding the index as a bitmap...

the access is really fast now, even though the CF is of course the same. this tells me Oracle understands that since it has almost as many distinct keys as a PK it can ignore the high CF

this table is updated in batches, in the OLTP is only selected, thus a bitmap idnex is feasible.

now I have to rebuilt the index as a b-tree and check the difference. I wil post the results in case anyone is still interested

I don't think I will rebuilt the table as along as I get results as of now. At least I have learned a lot about indexes, CF and the all the other good stuff. thanks again everone Received on Thu Mar 30 2006 - 15:00:12 CST