how to get correct info on freelists?

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 29 Mar 2006 20:01:45 -0800

running 9.2.0.5 on AIX5 with compatible parameter set to 8.1.7 and using DMT.
Everything I've read so far was that dbms_stats was the best thing next to sliced bread. I just read in a manual though that it doesn't update freelist block information. So what do you do? revert back to analyze until you can start using LMT? I know that I have a large amount of blocks on the freelist and I suspect that we have a bad freelist contention problem with all of our tables set to 1 freelist with 1 group on an system that is a combination oltp with large batch jobs. Is there a better way to get freelist block information? Is it true that dbms_stats doesn't gather freelist info? Received on Wed Mar 29 2006 - 22:01:45 CST