oc4j native library load error ...

From: <tintincat1977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2006 10:52:25 -0800

I have a standalone oc4j (10g) installation on Solaris 9 and when I run my servlet (which instantiates another class that uses native code), I get an java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError even though the native library is on the path specified when running the oc4j instance using (-Djava.library.path= ...)

When the System.loadLibrary() fails on the native library, I print out the java.library.path and it is as expected and contains the native library but the error says:
ld.so.1 java fatal mylibrary.so open failed No such file or directory

If I remove the app server from my environment and test it using an "equivalent" scenario of just calling it from a java client program from the command line (instead of a web client) then it works (i.e., the native library is loaded etc). So in this case the classloader/nativeloader did not complain about this (very same) library.

What could be the difference when the native library is getting loaded as part of the oc4j/web app versus when I run a simple java client program from the command line?

Thanks
p.s.
I have set up the same oc4j/app on Windows and it works fine there. Received on Wed Mar 29 2006 - 12:52:25 CST