Re: Copying the PL/SQL web toolkit

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:13:09 +0100

In article <pan.2006.02.19.03.37.06.714629_at_sbcglobal.net>, Mladen Gogala says...
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:45:32 +0000, Jeremy wrote:
>
> > As has been noted on here a couple of times, if you want to use the web
> > plsql toolkit to generate xhtml-compliant tags (e.g. all lower case)
> > then one option is to copy the HTP and HTF packages and edit these (the
> > source is not wrapped).
> >
> > Has anyone actually done this and are there any gotchas involved?
>
> Jeremy, HTP and HTF packages are normal, non-wrapped packages owned by
> SYS. They're using the same tactics as DBMS_OUTPUT: putting things into
> "output arrays" defined like this:
>
> /* TYPES FOR htp.print */
> -- PL/SQL table used for output buffering
> HTBUF_LEN number := 255;
> type htbuf_arr is table of varchar2(256) index by binary_integer;
> type htraw_arr is table of raw(256) index by binary_integer;
>
> and then displaying things by using DBMS_OUTPUT. There is nothing special
> about sys.htp and sys.htf. You are welcome to extract the source code,
> modify it as it pleases you, and then install somewhere else (not in the
> SYS schema). Oracle even provides you a convenient tool to extract that
> source code: DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL.

Thanks for these comments - I did end up successfully copying the htp and htf procedures and functions - it was only a couple of hours' work in the end. The key was to ensure that, for the final "output", this was left as htp.p .......

If anyone is interested, let me know. It all appears to work perfectly - packages now called icp & icf instead.

--

jeremy