Cannot drop a column with a long data type

From: Edwinah63 <edwinah_at_customercare.com.au>
Date: 28 Mar 2006 02:12:21 -0800

Well, yes and no.

I have a table which had a column (myLongField) of a long data type. I dropped the the column without error, but when I try to replicate this table, it comes back saying illegal use of Long data type.

Did a desc myTable - myLongField is not there.

So am bamboozled - is it a problem with the data dictionary?

Where can I look?

have:
*win 2k
*Oracle 9.205

Many thanks

Edwinah63 Received on Tue Mar 28 2006 - 04:12:21 CST