Re: Automatic Shared Memory Management

From: ORA600 <panandrao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2006 21:49:12 -0800

Hi,

on my 10g R2 instance with ASMM, AIX 5.2 ...i get a lot of ORA-4031 errors.

in simple terms, Oracle seems to say that use a bigger shared pool size compared to your 9i instances.

i run large production instances (Oracle 9i R2) with 250MB - 350MB shared pool size ...and my 10g R2 development instances get ORA-4031 errors with 150MB - 200MB shared pool size and ASMM. current 9i R2 development instances have 150MB shared pool.

have a couple of bugs open related to ASMM....

so, looks like 10g R2 with ASSM will take some time to stabilize. Till then, you may have to go the manual way or use higher memory....

cheers
anand Received on Sun Mar 26 2006 - 23:49:12 CST