Re: make: Fatal error in reader: Badly formed macro assignment

From: Keith Thompson <kst-u_at_mib.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:17:33 GMT

"Vladimir S. Oka" <novine_at_btopenworld.com> writes:
> Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
>> "Paul D. Smith" <psmith_at_gnu.org> writes:
>>
>> > Actually, that's legal in GNU make, and does just what you'd expect.
>>
>> Yes, I knew that (but forgot :)
>> Of course most make variables are exported by default, so in this
>> case the export is redundant.
>>
>> > I suspect the OP is using Sun's version of make
>>
>> He said so:
>
> Now would be a good time for you all to take this off-topic discussion
> somewhere topical.

The discussion is widely cross-posted. I think Vladimir meant specifically that it should be removed from comp.lang.c. (It probably isn't topical on all the rest of these newsgroups either.)

San Diego Supercomputer Center             <*>  <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something.  This is something.  Therefore, we must do this.