Re: Any SSH libraries out there for Oracle DB?

From: Gerry Atric <f_at_t.chance.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:20:18 GMT

Chom Noamsky wrote:

> As part of an application to automate server management, I need the
> ability to access servers via secure shell in order to execute shell
> commands / scripts, and also the ability to receive connections from
> servers via ssh.
>
> One partial solution I have created is a custom agent that uses the Java
> J2SSH package, which I access via the Oracle UTL_TCP package. Basically,
> it listens for connections from Oracle via UTL_TCP and acts as a
> relay/protocol converter to the target ssh server.
>
> The problem is, the Oracle UTL_TCP package can only initiate connections,
> it cannot listen for them, so I can only achieve client functionality
> using this setup.
>
> What I'd really like to find is an Oracle-specific library that can
> function
> as ssh server and client. Anyone know of such a beastie out there? My
> googling so far has led me to the conclusion that there isn't anything out
> there like this.

Do you need actual ssh server functionality in the DB, or just the ability to receive messages from external ssh clients? If the latter, then all you need to do is use jdbc in your java agent to store the incoming messages from clients into a table. Then you would use a polling mechanism on that table to check for new messages, or use the DBMS_ALERT package via jdbc to signal when new messages are available. Received on Thu Mar 23 2006 - 12:20:18 CST