Re: Buffer busy wait clarification

From: Chintu <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2006 04:13:52 -0800

Thanks a Lot Jonathan. You have made my day.

But just 2 more questions. I hope I am not making you too angry.

  1. When is the segment header first read in to the buffer.?? is when you query that table first time ?? >>If the block does not have enough space (and usually it does,
    >> because that's why it is on the freelist at all), then the
    process
    >> may update the segment header to remove that block from the
    >> top of the list and replace -
  2. What happens to the empty space which keeps a block in the freelist, but that space is not enough for the new row, and hence a new block is used. what happens to that block space ??. Will it be used for future updates ??

Thanks a TON Jonathan Received on Thu Mar 23 2006 - 06:13:52 CST