Re: trigger or job ?

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2006 01:46:37 -0800

hitchhikar schreef:

> Well, as i said i am using ODBC. The max length of varchar2 there is
> 32k. So i have to chunk data anyways.So its required very much.
> But this is not the issue Noone.Even if i find out a way to do away
> with this additional step, the real confusion is how/when/where to call
> the proc(sprocProcessBoxXML) which processes this XML.

What noone means is to loop over your varchar2 until you have processed all of the string, and thus put it in the table in one step.

And I'd go for the trigger, which might submit a job, or do the processing directly - depends on the overhead/timing of the processing. The trigger submitting a job would be my personal favourite.

My 2c,
Frank van Bortel Received on Thu Mar 23 2006 - 03:46:37 CST