Re: Oracle 10g - Putting a where clause on a column with a check constraint.

From: Jon <jonathan.p.crawford_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2006 14:15:31 -0800

It looks like because the Check constraint was single byte the value got inserted into the double byte field as a single byte. However during the select oracle sees that the column is a double byte type field and then automagically converts the where clause to a double bye which the single byte value of the column does not match.

Very confusing, and it seems like a bug with check constraints but I am sure Oracle will just tell me to define my check constraints as double byte values by placing an N in front of the literals.

This is very well and good for most people, but all of our tables are managed pragmatically and making this fix is not going to prove quick, simple, and reliable. It is going to be very hackish. Received on Wed Mar 22 2006 - 16:15:31 CST