Re: VB.Net connection to Oracle 10G database

From: Dave Baker <newsgroup_poster_at_jodael.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:31:36 +0800

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:27:54 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:44:09 +0800, Dave Baker
><newsgroup_poster_at_jodael.com> wrote:
>
>>Still hoping not to have to use tnsnames.ora if I can get away without it.
>
>Just lookup the manual and confirm the host:port:sid syntax documented
>there is working for you.

I had the service_name wrong. The suggestion of

select * from global_name;

found the correct service_name and now all is well - at least as far as the connection anyway. Managed to figure out reading from the table using VB.Net, and am now tackling writing to the table.

Dave Received on Wed Mar 22 2006 - 05:31:36 CST