Re: high availability

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:59:54 -0500

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:12:20 +0100, maxim2k <maxim2k_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Then, what would be the best HA setup with Oracle Database Standard
>Edition One?
>
>I know I cannot get real high availability with SE1, but since I have
>two Linux servers for running the Oracle Database and an iSCSI SAN for
>storage, I'd like to have the ability to fail over to the secondary
>server if the main one fails for any reason (e.g. HW issue).

  1. either look into RAC with SE or
  2. look into Linux HA and/or Veritas Storage Foundation for 'failover' capabilities
If you're looking to 'save' $, you can look into 2yr or 3yr licenses
instead of 'perpetual'.. once again, call your reseller.. you can
mention that you saw 'RAC' advertised with 'One' edition.

Lastly, don't forget that Oracle XE is 'free' with 4G of data, but it can use only one CPU.. you should still be able to fail it over with free linux clustering of Veritas.
We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 09:59:54 CST