Tables created to hold temporay data. Good or Bad?

From: jackal <jackal_on_work_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2006 01:31:31 -0800

Hi Faculties,

I ve a database which is normalised. But there are lot of tables which are created just to hold temporary data. These tables are used mainly by PL/SQL procedures and sometimes used directly in the front end application for reporting purposes. I ve found that a properly formed SQL query would have done the work in almost all the cases, as an alternative.

Is it good to use such tables? Do they afftect the database performance in any way?

Thanks in advance
Jackal Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 03:31:31 CST