10GR2 Rac/ RHEL interconnect/network speed

From: sumit <sumitseng_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2006 19:33:43 -0800

We are setting up a 4 node 10GR2 Rac on RHEL ( 3 or may be 4 ) using Oracle clusterware. One of my tasks is to test the interconnect with varying user loads. Possibly use swingbench or oracle's load runner. I am new to linux - how to do it ? Or do I solely rely on Statspack ?

Also I am told that for OCFS, there is no plan to have its version 2 support on linux ? It seems ASM using raw is a better choice than OCFS. In our shop it will take time to educate the system admins about ASM ( and not to touch them ) etc..

Thanks
Sumit Received on Mon Mar 20 2006 - 21:33:43 CST