Re: catcpu - oct 2005 - for anew database instance

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 19 Mar 2006 09:03:07 -0800

dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I have both Oracle 9.2.0.5 and Oracle 10.1.0.4.
> As for as CPU patches - Oracle provided them for these database as well
> as 8.1.7.4
>

> Sometime ago had to created my database to change character set. This
> was 9.2.0.5 with CPU Apr 2005.
> Now I wonder whether CPU Apr 2005 is still present in database instance
> or not because I did not intsall catcpu.sql after import.My database
> has been running just fine after import.

Well if you want to stop wondering, why don't you look at the readme and install instructions for the April CPU patches.

Then you can decide by looking at the instructions if you followed them carefully or not.

By looking at ( in detail ) the scripts that the instructions tell you to run you can find evidence of what changes that the scripts were ( intended ) to make in your database instances. Received on Sun Mar 19 2006 - 11:03:07 CST