Re: upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2006 13:12:39 -0800

leehi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for
> window version 32 bits,
>
> does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step
> doing it.
>
> many thanks
>
> leehi

Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required).
Click on Patches and Updates tab.
Wait for the whole screen to load.
Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch.
Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes.
Look around on metalink for additional instructions if you are using other products besides the database, such as the application server. Backup your database and installation.
Follow the instructions.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"A basinet, jello shooters, green naked people, beer, fish tacos...