Re: Problem with LONG datatypes

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2006 11:41:39 -0800

>Look into 'local loopback' and you will see this is actually documented.

For the number of times I'll need this particular bit of functionality, I don't mind going across databases.

>You need a SQL statement in the COPY context anyway, so you can remap columns.

You're right; the syntax that worked is:

COPY FROM <source> TO <target> CREATE <NEWTABLE> (col1, newcol2) USING (SELECT col1, oldcol2 FROM <ORIG_TABLE>)

Thanks,

BD Received on Thu Mar 16 2006 - 13:41:39 CST