Oracle uptime monitoring

From: <robgtaylor_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2006 09:50:48 -0800

In his book "Expert Oracle Database Architecture", Tom Kyte describes a method for generating uptime reports for an Oracle server.

This section of the book is reproduced on the web here: http://www.dbazine.com/oracle/or-articles/kyte6

He shows how you can query the alert log as an external table, looking for particular events in order to produce a report showing uptime statistics. I'd like to do a similar thing on one of my servers - possibly storing the results in a table. However I don't want to include periods of time when the database may have been up but only mounted rather than open.

Can anyone suggest how I might edit Tom's example to achieve this goal? What phrases should I be looking for in the alert log? Received on Thu Mar 16 2006 - 11:50:48 CST