Re: QUESTION: Latest CPU thinks I have a db running

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2006 07:38:56 -0800

>But... symlinks from different OH's point to the *same* file?

Yes, the _same_ _file_. This, in fact, is what the Oracle tech was expecting was going on. This is what apparently tripped up the CPU patch.

If this is a 'problematic' way to do things, then I can't see why; in this environment, that's how it's been done for years. This is the first time I've actually seen this symptom, and based on my understanding of what's going on, I think it can be safely ignored.

We never run the same db off different homes at the same time, if that's the concern. We can't, in fact; the home that will be used by a specific db will be dicated by oratab. The reason for the multiple homes is simply for the purposes of controlling the rollout of patchsets. The reason for the single file is so we don't have to worry about synching up multiple init files to make sure they stay consistent. Received on Thu Mar 16 2006 - 09:38:56 CST