Re: Logical standby from VMS 9.2 to HPUX 9.2

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:44:45 GMT

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:22:14 +0000, Andre Broers wrote:

> Is it possible to make a logical standby database on HPUX 9.2.0.4 with a VMS 9.2.0.4 database as master?
> I'm thinking of endian problems etc. etc.

Standby will need redo log files from the original machine and I doubt that redo logs can be transported between platforms. What you can do is to replicate using Streams. The difference is that with streams, logs are read on the source platform and extracted SQL is sent to the replicating database. That is why you can do transformations along the way. With the logical standby, redo logs are sent to the standby machine and SQL extraction is performed there.

--
http://www.mgogala.com