Re: PL/SQL Toolkit - deleting cookies?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 13 Mar 2006 15:05:00 -0800

Jeremy wrote:
> In article <MPG.1e7fb1c6c4915cc598a12c_at_news.individual.net>, Jeremy
> says...
> >
> > Hi everyone... can any of you shed some light on why the following
> > doesn't remove the cookie?
> >
> > Here is the simple procedure:
> >
> > create or replace procedure lo
> > is
> > BEGIN
> > owa_util.mime_header('text/html', false);
> > owa_cookie.remove('ccp_user100292','102210:148256');
> > owa_util.http_header_close;
> > end lo;
> > /
> >
> > Then I run this from a browser but the cookie remains unaltered. My
> > browser is reporting the cookie as existing like this:
> >
> > Name ccp_user100292
> > Value 102210:148256
> > Host acer
> > Path /
> > Secure No
> > Expires At End Of Session
> >

> Following up on myself - the problem is the path is set for the cookie -
> not shown in the code above - but if we set the path as an additional
> parameter (path=>'/') the cookie still remains - I have found that the
> owa_cookie.remove does NOT appear to send the path argument in the
> generated set-cookie statement.

I don't recall doing anything with the path ( probably just using '/' ) which I think works ok if the cookies have different names.

I do recall having some problems if the name of the domain suffix didn't match the domain name on the web server.

So I had some code that checked "where and how" the plsql was running before setting cookies ...

Something like this ...

IF ( whatever conditions ) THEN

owa_cookie.send(blah_blah.external_cookie_name,username,NULL,'/',c_Global_Domain_Qualifier); ELSE owa_cookie.send(blah_blah.external_cookie_name,username,NULL,'/',NULL);

 END IF; If will all make sense once you get it figured out.

Make sure you are doing your testing on multiple different browsers and from multiple different domains.